EngiRank – How can the performance of engineering training be measured?
- Measures of excellence in higher education may differ from one discipline to another, and this is increasingly recognized by ranking makers. In response to the need for more specialized rankings, the EngiRank project, which has been sponsored by the TEMPUS pprogramme, has organized a long-standing benchmarking center, the Polish Perspektivy Foundation, to explore the potential of engineering training. The first step in the expert consultation was the seminar which was held in Warsaw on 16 May 2019.
- The main topics were:
- Waldemar Siwinski, President, Perspektywy Education Foundation (Poland), Vice President, IREG Observatory: – Why do we need a new ranking of the engineering education?
- Pawel Poszytek, Director General, Foundation for the Development of the Education System FRSE (Poland): – University and business – education for the public good
- Kazimierz Bilanow, Managing Director, IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence (Belgium): – IREG Project: New approaches and indicators of Engineering and Technology
- Dirk Bochar, Secretary General, European Federation of National Engineering Associations “FEANI” (Belgium): – Expectations of the European engineering community
- Bartlomiej Wieckowski, Perspektywy Education Foundation (Poland): – Draft methodology of the EngiRank